INTRODUCING THE VIRTUAL MAKAHIKI CHALLENGE
Coronavirus has brought the events industry to a screeching halt. Because Makahiki Challenge is considered a mass gathering, we cannot produce our event in this time of great uncertainty. With all this in mind, we’ve created a Makahiki Challenge that you can do right from your home, or anywhere in the world!
We know you want to stay fit and healthy during these uncertain times. Unfortunately, we can’t bring an actual obstacle race to your backyard right now, so we’ve put together the next best thing! You can complete the Virtual race, help support Makahiki Challenge so we can continue producing events when allowed, and receive the 2020 Virtual MC finisher shirt and official finisher medal!
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
1. On December 5 - 19, you will complete the Virtual MC Workout (see poster and video below). For those wanting to push a little harder, try the HO'OIKAIKA FINISH (must be done with a 25 pound weight.)
2. You will receive your finisher shirt and medal in the mail during the week of Dec. 5-19, 2020. (No verification is required to receive it)
3. Submit your RESULTS INFO (Required for eligibility to win prizes). To submit your RESULTS INFO email email@example.com with:
-Your full name
-Your official time it took to complete the workout
-A screenshot of your workout (including the distance and finish time) from STRAVA or your favorite fitness tracker app
4. Post a video or photo on Facebook or Instagram tagging Makahiki Challenge to win prizes. Prizes will be mailed for the following categories:
- First person to finish, submit results, and post
- Fastest Male and Female (must do the HO'OIKAIKA finish)
- Best social media post (Most creative and best background)
*HO'OIKAIKA FINISH must be done with a 25 pound weight of your choosing. You may use a dumbbell, kettle bell, weight plate, water jugs, sandbag, or any other item so long as it weighs 25 pounds.